Monday 11 August 2014

My Everyday Make-Up Routine

Long time, no see! It's been quite a while since I last posted on here, but I have decided that I am going to try a schedule as I think it will help me to keep up with posting regularly. But anyways for today's post I am going to let you in on my everyday make-up routine. I don't use all of this make-up everyday, but this is mainly my routine for week-ends and 'non-lazy' days in the holidays!

So, to start of with I use foundation and recently I have been using the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in shade 101 (classic ivory). I find that this foundation is great for the summer as it has SPF 18. To apply this is use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which applies the foundation smoothly and evenly. I used to apply my concealer before my foundation, but I have recently found at that it should be done after foundation. This is because after using foundation, you will find that you don't actually need as much concealer as you may have thought. So for this look, I am just using the Benefit Erase Paste which is perfect for under-eye circles as it is a pink/peach shade which counteracts the purple shades underneath your eyes. It is also hydrating and very creamy and brightening to make me look more awake. Finally for my face I just set my foundation and concealer with my Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in shade 125.


Next I am filling in my brows with this chocolate brown benefit eye shadow. As it is in a palette I am not sure which shade it is but it works really well to fill in my brows. To highlight my brow bone, I am just using this 'Eye Bright' by Benefit which is also from my 'Passport To Posh' Palette which I picked up on my way to France in Duty Free.


I am using my benefit cream eye shadow in R.S.V.P as a base. It is a champagne shade but has slight pink undertones. Next, I am taking a champagne shade called 'Bootycall' from my Naked 2 palette and putting this all over my lid. To define the crease I am using a matte brown called 'Tease' which is also from the Naked 2 palette. I am using the brush from my naked 2 palette for the eye shadow look today.


 Recently, I have been layering two mascaras which are The Rocket by Maybelline and Bad Gal Lash by Benefit. The eyeliner which I will be using is the Supercat pen liner by Soap and Glory. On first impressions I did not like this eyeliner at all but it has grown on me over time and I now find that it is very easy to apply, but does not last all day.



I am going for a super easy and natural lip look with my new baby lips in the shade 'Berry Bomb' but before this I am using my lush lip scrub to make sure my lips are in top condition.



I have added some pictures of the final look above. I hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget t follow me on Bloglovin'. I will be back with a new post on Saturday which will most likely be holiday related! 

Bye for now,
Emily ♥





2 comments:

  1. Nice post.
    Love your eyeshadow palette.


    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it means the world! :-) I got this palette for Christmas and I have been using it all of the time ♥ x

      Delete